At Jubilee Park Academy the intention of our language curriculum is to develop an interest in learning other languages. To teach children to love, learn and live as global citizens in an ever-changing world, we aim to develop a greater understanding of the global world and different cultures whilst building a fascination with exploring and learning new vocabulary.
We aim to:
- To inspire our budding linguists to develop self-confidence.
- To be brave enough to communicate in another language.
- To respect and understand other cultures and celebrate diversity.
- To appreciate the structure of a new language.
- To make comparisons to their own language development.
- To be innovative in communicating to others using French.
We aim to introduce the learning of the French language and the understanding of other cultures in an enjoyable and stimulating way. We foster children’s curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world through well planned lessons and investigating different legacies, lifestyles, beliefs, and social norms. We discover and interpret how different cultures live around the world to appreciate equality, inequality, inclusion, sustainability, and global citizenship. We strive to embed the essential skills of listening, reading, speaking, writing, and exploring grammar and the rules for pupils to accurately express themselves using French.
At Jubilee Park Academy we ensure that learning a new language enriches the children in variety of ways, develops enthusiastic learners and positive attitudes towards modern foreign languages and the cultures associated.